Technology & InfrastructureA Guarantee of Dependability
Innovation is a constant Mantra at Vakils.
Our artwork management services are built on a multi-layer model that efficiently integrate technologies, processes and services to create and deliver operational excellence. At Vakils, the powerful effectiveness of our process and service layers hinge and rest on a strong foundation of technology and infrastructure.
Our integrated technology system includes global, regional and local Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and customized systems based on process maturity.
- Hosted, secure artwork and packaging management
- Integrated PLM or hosted solutions for local PLM
- Business process management integrated at regional PLM
- Remote access solution to interface global PLM and our design center.
We deploy the most effective and up-to-date software and technology tools to ensure the best results for our clients.
- Adobe Indesign – inserts & booklets
- Adobe Illustrator and EskoDeskpack – artwork
- Text Verification Tool – character by character digital comparison
- Pitstop – PDF preflight tool
- Digital Page – source PDF to certified PDF pixel-by-pixel comparison
- Decoder – hidden image evaluation
- Edicode Plus – material ID code check.
Our state-of-the-art desktop and server infrastructure supports multi-hundred users for guaranteed dependability.
Our state-of-the-art desktop and server infrastructure supports multi-hundred users for guaranteed dependability.SERVER ENVIRONMENT
- Fault-tolerant Window Server domain
- IBM servers with Intel Xeon CPU’s. 8 Gigabits of RAM and 11 Terabytes of centralized disk storage.
- Our data and domain servers, critical to operations, are designed to ensure ‘Zero’ down time.
- Gigabit Ethernet hardware running TCP/IP, and providing 1000 Mbp’s access
- Network is connected to the internet backbone via a 20 Mbps dedicated optical fiber-leased line.
“ZERO RISK” TOLERANT DATA SECURITY
- At Vakils, we have put in place meticulous data security processes and procedures to eliminate risks and support your business requirements
- Highlights of our information security protocols include
- Compulsory Network Access through passwords
- Restricted web access and control
- Restricted PDA (smart phones) and wireless access
- Servers located in a secure environment with access controls
- Meticulous Incident Response Plans and Procedures
- Deployment of firewalls, anti-virus, backup and restore and physical access controls with regular reporting.
DISASTER RECOVERY & BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING
Our disaster recovery plan covers business applications and associated processes to transition smoothly in the event of a natural or human-caused disaster.
A comprehensive and continuous assessment of our mission-critical business processes and associated applications is in place to ensure thoroughness in disaster recovery and business continuity preparedness, and includes:
- Periodic reports, actions and checks
- Internal assessments and audits
- Verification criteria and procedures
- Disaster recovery plan implementation
- Representation of the IT network design team on the DR planning committee
- Annual review process for deployment of new solutions.
RESILIENCY AND BACKUP SERVICES
At Vakils, our data storage infrastructure is designed for ‘on-the-fly’ data storage resiliency and dual domain authenticity. This ensure a continuously available internal network authentication and storage to avoid user network downtimes.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN TO COMBAT NATURAL DISASTERS
Our business continuity planning is well equipped to over come the catastrophic failures or ‘Level 4’ failures, as they are termed.
Should a Level 4 failure occur, should the regular place of business be impacted, our critical staff will be relocated to a secure premises owned by our parent company.
Our skilled and trained Emergency Response Team (ERT) closely tracks, monitors and escalates the priority of any disaster for quick and immediate corrective actions. For instance, a massive failure of the primary data servers would constitute switching to an alternative processing site, or purchasing and installing new servers, very quickly.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE MANAGEMENT
Skilled and trained ERT and Area Recovery Management Teams (ARMT) are equipped to handle management of failures.
Functional ARM Teams take care of the following:
- Damage assessment and salvage
- Public information
- Safety and security
CRISIS MANAGEMENT CENTER
The central Crisis Management Center (CMC) is embedded in the contingency plan to coordinate activities and direct the recovery process.
Should the primary place of business not be accessible, the safety and security coordinator will establish a CMC as close as possible to the primary place of business, from where voice and data communications will be established.